No long regulator arm?

3 hours ago, Charette said:

Hi all - just looking to confirm my thoughts here. It seems the version of the seagull st3621 I have purchased does not have a ‘long’ regulator arm, just short studs.

Can I please confirm that the regulator I have circled is, in fact, the time regulator?

C5CA4923-7934-476A-8D9C-AD0EDC1437EC.jpeg

As ifibrin has said this is the beat adjuster of the movement.  When they are shorter than the timing adjuster ie. The stud inside the diameter of the regulator pins then that would be an overcoil hs also know as Brequet developed by Abraham Brequet. Its a more accurate hs than the flat, less restricted in its movements. This is not the case here. Some studs are also fixed making beat adjustment much more difficult over an adjustable one. This fixed variation is common on older vintage watches. You have both  timing and beat adjustable arms here.

• Like 1

Thanks all. I saw another photo from a different movement that confused me. I cannot find this version of the ST3621 anywhere else than where I bought it (ebay) to save my life!

I thought I was buying the same one Mark used in one of his videos on making a watch from internet parts, but I see though it has similar finishing, there is a different bridge layout.

59 minutes ago, Charette said:

Thanks all. I saw another photo from a different movement that confused me. I cannot find this version of the ST3621 anywhere else than where I bought it (ebay) to save my life!

I thought I was buying the same one Mark used in one of his videos on making a watch from internet parts, but I see though it has similar finishing, there is a different bridge layout.

You will still get use from it, as a beginner any movement you will learn from. Enjoy🙂

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Charette said:

ST3621

there is a problem and watch repair which is variations lots and lots of variations. For instance somebody was confused recently over a balance staff and there's 11 staffs for their particular watch. So your watch should be similar to what Mark has but it will probably be a variation because the Chinese like to have even more variations. The Swiss variations will happen because of an evolution the watch will upgrade over time. The Chinese just like to have lots of variations

one of the YouTube channels I watch in 3-D printers was getting upset over this because if he reviewed a printer and said it was good the printer we bought would probably be different. Even if the company itself tries really hard to make an identical product often times in the case of not watches components from other sources will be modified and changed

but you still have a watch the watch he can practice with it might not look like the one Marquez but it should be similar enough it should have all the same basic characteristics and you can have fun learning with it.

• 3 weeks later...