Fellow Wrt! What Are You Repairing Currently?

Hi all, so I've been thinking for a couple of months about creating a thread where all of us can share what we are repairing currently. So here it is! Mark maybe you might want to stick this thread so all of us fellow wrt can share what they are repairing? Feel free to post. Anyways here's a couple of pic I took this year.

Ellesse watch. Eta quartz Keyless work kaput, friend ask me to service the watch too.

243ad7f9fe5e2d738e2fe3a8b7357a69.jpg

Citizen miyota 8200 movement. Bought this used watch and it doesn't work. And it missing a caseback glass too. So while I was servicing the movement, found out there's bits of glass fragment in the movement so i assumed the caseback glass had shattered and therefore causes the watch to stop.

c7d2872300a97315129d18c29b7394be.jpg

Eta 2836 movement. Water damage.

3bbaad3598051991a5ff886efd5b06c8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Looks like fun! Btw, how do you wind one of those automatic mainsprings? I have a winder but only used it on a PW mainspring. Now to keep to the subject. Nothing major here. Nice old Waltham that is running nice. Just has a broke stem and waiting on one to get here from the netherlands. Lol

post-1223-0-59437800-1435621709_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Whilst you mention Quartz, here's a few photos of one of my quartz watch restorations.  Luckily I have a great contact at Citizen SC in Germany, so managed to get some rare parts from them to complete this restoration, its my own Aqualand Diver.

15461761666_a3768a1506_z.jpgUntitled by Micky Aldridge, on Flickr

15484511202_a64210d7ed_z.jpgUntitled by Micky Aldridge, on Flickr

15298298007_ef53ef287d_z.jpgUntitled by Micky Aldridge, on Flickr

15297966829_9722bbcce0_z.jpgUntitled by Micky Aldridge, on Flickr

15481731021_83a6fa9c81_z.jpgUntitled by Micky Aldridge, on Flickr

15298424608_9acb330d59_z.jpgUntitled by Micky Aldridge, on Flickr

11238557603_91ee7f923f_k.jpgGerman Aqualand 4 by Micky Aldridge, on Flickr

• Like 6

Currently i am half way through restoring a Tudor Auto Princess which had attempted to be open by previous owner with wrong tools and then soaked in........yep WD40 GRrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

It may be an oyster case but it is not WD40 proof, as you can see from dial, it needs work. So i am currently waiting to hear back from David Bill......

DSC02175_zps0hgqjbwa.jpg

The movement looked like it was dipped in goop and snot, but luckily the movement cleaned up ok and is running very well considering. I have done about 50% of the case re polish which is looking quite nice. So now i just wait for news if DB can refresh the dial.

Though this past week alone i have done 2 x Omegas PW 1 x Longines PW 1 x Lanco , plus im waiting for tools to finish my antique Omega wristwatch. Never been so busy :)

Oh and SSteel that Aqualand is looking awesome, quartz does not usually do anything for me but the watch is superb, really good job there  :thumbsu:

• Like 1

Looks like fun! Btw, how do you wind one of those automatic mainsprings? I have a winder but only used it on a PW mainspring. Now to keep to the subject. Nothing major here. Nice old Waltham that is running nice. Just has a broke stem and waiting on one to get here from the netherlands. Lol

attachicon.gif20150626_183636-1.jpg

Hi there bsshog40, I wind the mainspring by hand. Its best to wear finger cots or maybe a glove but for me i wear glove to prevent bits of skin on the mainspring! Its very hard to wind back the spring as a beginner. I've been trying to wind the mainspring since 2012 but recently I've managed to wind it back by hand! Hope this helps :)

It's nice to see all those bits and pieces brings back a few memories. How do you guys keep your bench so clean mine was always in a mess bits of watches and clocks all over the place. When I did have a cleanup which would be about twice a year I could never find anything. I thrived on mess.

• Like 1

This is what I am repairing currently Vauxhall Vectra rear brakes. I heard that ominous scraping sound yesterday so bought and fitted new pads this morning. Luckily it was only the crusty rust out with braking area that touched the metal on the pad, so all is well. :)

post-124-0-81386900-1435752660_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

This is what I am repairing currently Vauxhall Vectra rear brakes. I heard that ominous scraping sound yesterday so bought and fitted new pads this morning. Luckily it was only the crusty rust out with braking area that touched the metal on the pad, so all is well. :)

Looks like you might need to mill off that lip soon. At least you have a lathe and can do it yourself.

Edited by ro63rto

Looks like you might need to mill off that lip soon. At least you have a lathe and can do it yourself.

It wouldn't be the first time. I wouldn't bother these days 'cause they are so cheap.

Got this a while ago.

20150424_12214501.jpg

Needed new crystal, seconds hand 12 marker/dial and setting lever.

Changed crystal.

20150430_125127.jpg

Bought setting lever.

Bought donor non working watch for needed parts.

20150629_131834.jpg

Donor watch will also allow me to practice polishing the case/bezel.

Edited by ro63rto

image.jpg

What optics did you use? And the "T" shaped tool, what Bergeon model is that? :D

Cheers,

Bob

• Like 1

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Looks the same as my '07 Astra calipers compressing the piston thingies is not a walk in the park.

Isn't that because the rears don't just retract they spin while retracting?

They have to be rotated at the same time they are being pushed back. Either on its own is no good, both action must be done simultaneously. You can buy a tool for it, but there's no fun in that! ;)

By the way, what vehicle do you have the Red Dot disks on?

Isn't that because the rears don't just retract they spin while retracting?

Yes. There are two pins that locate if I remember correctly. I still have the tool in my shed if you want it geo. I have since changed cars so no longer need it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They have to be rotated at the same time they are being pushed back. Either on its own is no good, both action must be done simultaneously. You can buy a tool for it, but there's no fun in that! ;)

By the way, what vehicle do you have the Red Dot disks on?

Alfa 156 2.0TS

P1000104-1.jpg

P1000605.jpg

• Like 3

Currently have a Movado Kingmatic on my bench but I've run into a stumbling bock.

I bought this off the net advertised as non-working... fair enough..I've had more successes than failures buying stuff online and the price was quite low as these watches usually fetch high prices (if running that is!).

Sellers pics.. a bit of wear thru on the plating but the dial and hands are ok....

Movado%20kINGMATIC.jpg

....I really love the design of the winding rotor...

Movado%20Kingmatic%202.jpg

Once received no time wasted ..The movement removed from the case and the auto-winding stuff removed..The plating on these movements is almost like silver or white gold.. nice.

20150704_094943.jpg

20150704_094906.jpg

Dialside, calender works, date wheel and hour wheel removed..a lot of wear under the hour wheel? Well the hour wheel does not contact the main-plate so it most be the minute wheel rubbing..

20150704_095144.jpg

uh-oh..wheres the post for the minute wheel? Major carnage!

20150704_095032.jpg

Well this is as far as I get with this watch.. now looking at sourcing a donor movement.  These turn up frequently on the net, probably out of watches that have had their gold cases melted down for the metal...just a question of time.

Anil

Edited by anilv
  • Like 2