Mitchell511

Hello all, my name is Mitchell and I live in Southern California. I have been fascinated with horology and have finally begun my watch repair journey. I have taken the Watch Fix watch repair lessons and have learned so much. I am a beginner and I realize that watch repair is a journey with constant learning. I am so happy I have found this community and look forward to speaking to and learning from everyone.

Thank you

Welcome Mitchell!

18 minutes ago, Mitchell511 said:

...watch repair is a journey with constant learning

This is so true. I've been at this for 6 months or so and I have learned quite a lot however I'm still a veritable fumble thumbs when it comes to actual watch servicing. I keep telling myself that one of these days I'll get one running 🙂 

- Gary

17 minutes ago, grsnovi said:

Welcome Mitchell!

This is so true. I've been at this for 6 months or so and I have learned quite a lot however I'm still a veritable fumble thumbs when it comes to actual watch servicing. I keep telling myself that one of these days I'll get one running 🙂 

- Gary

Thank you Gary, I know what you mean! And yes, one of these days we will get our project running! Take care

Mitchell 

you know you're "a watchmaker" when someone walks in and finds you on your hands and knees, muttering angrily and staring intently at the floor with your eye ball an inch from the floor and an angry intent look on your shmush, chunterering about your "butterfingers"...

4 hours ago, grsnovi said:

Welcome Mitchell!

- Gary

maybe its that big lump hammer you're using...It took me months to realise that smashing something with a mallet did me no good at all...
Been to Portland by the way, my dear departed brother lived there a long time...Great city in a wonderful country...

2 hours ago, Anthony7 said:

you know you're "a watchmaker" when someone walks in and finds you on your hands and knees, muttering angrily and staring intently at the floor with your eye ball an inch from the floor and an angry intent look on your shmush, chunterering about your "butterfingers"...

maybe its that big lump hammer you're using...It took me months to realise that smashing something with a mallet did me no good at all...
Been to Portland by the way, my dear departed brother lived there a long time...Great city in a wonderful country...

Yes, I've already done that twice! Thank you for your reply!

1 hour ago, Nucejoe said:

Welcome to the WRT forum.

Thank you!