Kif Shock Spring Replacement Help

While cleaning my Longines cal 431 Ultrachron I accidentally pulled out the KIF 4-2 shock protection spring,  I have been having a hell of a time putting it back in.

I had read while doing a good search that a special tool is available, but I only found that in one forum post and have not seen a photo or part number during further google searches, does this really exist? and is it needed?

Any other advice? such as which tweezer size and what angle does it insert?  I have over two hours trying to insert the spring and it has not done any good.

here is the exact one
.Explosion-kif.jpg

If the spring is completely out of the setting, you will first have to clip the hinged end in then hinge it upward before inserting the complete jewel assembly. The spring should push back into the setting when held down flat and pushed in with tweezers. Once in, it should easily flip upwards to allow the jewels to be fitted.

Make sure that the flat side of the end cap jewel is towards the pivot jewel. Once the jewel assembly is placed in the setting, you should be able to hinge down the spring and gently clip in the legs by applying slight downward and side pressure, using the point of your tweezers or sharpened peg wood.

• Like 1