Sound Origination via High-Precision Timecode (Atomic Clocks)

Hello Everyone,

I'm currently working with a very interesting vendor that sells sound source origination technology.

Their solution was originally developed for the US NAVY under the aegis of DARPA.  

It's been consuming a lot of the spare time I was devoting to this platform over the last month or so.  Sorry, gold over love.

What's particularly interesting (and perhaps relevant to this group) is the fact that it relies on an extremely high-precision source of timecode to help triangulate the origin of the sound signature being detected.  You may (or may not) know this, but the GPS system basically works along the same lines; a bunch of atomic clocks in orbit around the Earth broadcasting their "time of day" is a lot of the magic behind that absolutely groundbreaking localization system.  Before the "introduced error" that was originally put into GPS was mitigated (mostly so civilian technologies could become more useful by being more precise) one of the ways to bring the resolution of origin down was to implement one or more ground-based proprietary timecode emitters at a known geographic location.

Hewlett-Packard, for one, produced timing many bench-level devices that were able to operate at the atomic level in the civilian marketplace as early as the 1960's (HP 5061):

They are still available today, if you have the coin:

https://www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_nkw=hp+5061a+cesium

image.png.df5622cb7835abb67ab9383234e06aa4.png

g.
----

• Like 1