Hi all - I am working on a Raketa 2609 ha that has shock springs on the escape wheel. They are very tiny. Working on the first I managed to break it - parts movement now on the way.

Does anyone have any tips on lifting the arms out on these? It keeps spinning on me. Perhaps I was trying to hold the back too firmly this causing the break.

I have took in what Google could offer. Still intend to try the non dial side spring likely before the parts movement arrives.

2ED62339-6B57-40BC-AEC0-AF63AA00C387.jpeg

Update - made it to the spring in the train bridge... and broke that one also. Just cannot get any 'upward' lift to pop out the ear.

Edited by Charette

I was just coming back to edit my reply...

In looking at several on eBay, I noticed that one of hose shock springs seemed to be corroded - was yours in good shape?

How did you attack it? I think I would have used my curved tip tweezers and squeezed to compress both sides while pulling up and out.

3 minutes ago, grsnovi said:

I was just coming back to edit my reply...

In looking at several on eBay, I noticed that one of hose shock springs seemed to be corroded - was yours in good shape?

How did you attack it? I think I would have used my curved tip tweezers and squeezed to compress both sides while pulling up and out.

Mine appeared in good shape - no corrosion inside the case, everything is very clean. I found this movement in a Canadian Birks branded watch of all places, unexpected.

While trying to hold at the back of the spring with rodico and then pegwood to keep it from spinning, I was trying for one side at at time (the only good video I found was Marshall from wristwatch revival working on a Raketa). I could get inward movement no problem, just not slight upward.

I also tried a toothpick, had to sharpen as was not nearly as fine as tweezers, and a needle I fashioned a small handle for. It was actually the needle I was using for both breaks. I wonder if I was getting some upward motion and my holding at the back was the issue. When the parts get here I will have to try holding opposite, instead of at the back.

I can't find any shock springs in BEST FIT #2 that look anything like those used in Reketa.

This eBay offering of 4 Raketa movements for $13 USD would get you some spares but as I noted, they'd come from Ukraine and Ukraine is likely having issues these days shipping items of commerce. It took me 2 months to get a watch from there several weeks ago.