This is my first post and my first repair so please be gentle.  I recently bought this watch and would like to replace the crystal.  It looks as though the bezel is missing so I will source a bezel too.  From what I have seen thus far, because the bezel has been removed, the crystal should be removable by hand.  I have tried to use a suction, give some gentle (even not so gentle prying) etc. but no dice.  I like this watch and don't want to damage it but everything I can find says it should just pry off at this point with a fingernail.  What am I missing?  See pics and thanks in advance!

20220820_123856.jpg

20220820_123909.jpg

20220820_123918.jpg

20220820_123926.jpg

20220820_123937.jpg

20220820_123940.jpg

20220820_124027.jpg

So...I did get the crystal off but in the process, my hand slipped and hit the second hand on the dial.  So now I have the opportunity to source a new bezel and a new second hand.  HA!  It just occurred to me that I am looking for a second-hand second hand!

I have scoured everywhere I can find for the bezel.  I'm learning quite a bit about Seiko part numbers and parts suppliers.  So far I am striking out.  I have a 5606-7010 watch case in stainless color which I believe means I need to source part number 83369431.  If anyone knows where I can get that part, I would welcome the nudge in the right direction.

Have a look at the Jules Borel site  Their database is quite extensive and has a look up freature by make/model.   There is also Esslingers and Otto Frei again in the US.  or Cousins uk, A.G.Thomas, Gleave and co in the uk.  Second user spares , welwynwatchparts.co.uk   and speedtimerkollection.com in europe.  just a few for you to check out you might get lucky.   

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Looking at the case pictures you supplied previously it looks by the scars on the case that the bezel comes off complete with the crystal . You will need a sharp case knife to prise the bezel off. If the crystal has no tension ring you should be able to push it out. Some crystals (acrylic) require flexing using a couple of dies and a press to re fit.  Crystals have various ways of being fitted and several different tools to do the job.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cuxz said:

@mbaiohow did you get the crystal off exactly? I bought a crystal lift but I cannot get a grip on the crystal I think because of the dome angle. Any tips/tricks? 

The bezel around the crystal pops off (there's a slight opening at one end between the lugs to fit a case knife). Once it's off, you can gently pull the crystal away as it's held in a v gasket. It's not immediately obvious though.

• Like 1