Crown wheel

Before a start I think I'm going to say thank you this website has been good to me for a beginner to learn appreciate how quick people respond to your question. Anyway a have this question my crown wheel screw is not holding in the hole I'm not sure if the hole is worn out or it just feel lose what can a do to resolve this? 

Hi Murks. Just asking if you are aware that most crown wheel screws  have a left handed thread. Sometimes indicated by a line either side of the screw slot, not allways but when that indication is there you know it is definitely left handed. So that screw can occasionally get broken off or the thread stripped, i will assume this is what has happened hear. Post  close up photos of the screw and the threaded hole it fastens to.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Murks said:

Yes I'm aware of that the have left hands thread a think it thread that's stripped but I'm not sure so I'm sending a pic 

16602815671217247137948336431603.jpg

We cant tell from this photo murks. You'll need to get in close with a x20 loupe to fully inspect the screw and hole threads. If you are lucky the majority of the thread loss maybe on the screw and a new screw may provide enough grip to continue with your build. This is all providing that this is the original correct size screw. In watch repair always keep in mind that parts may not be original and may have been incorrectly used. 

Edited by Neverenoughwatches
  • Like 1

Is this the same Lip R25 that are working on?

In your other post, the cap jewels for the pallet fork and escape wheel are also missing. Looks like it might be more viable to get a donor movement than to attempt rebushing, rethreading and replacing the missing jewels.

It is the same lip r25 yes it not the pallet fork but the escape wheel has a missing cap and spring I'm trying to find where to get the spring and cap jewel that word fit the movement do you know any sites?

10 hours ago, watchweasol said:

Hi Murks     have a look at the site "speedtimerkollection.com" located in Europe and deals in second user parts also welwynwatches.co.uk  also second user parts.        cheers

OK thank you have put a picture this the incabloc spring I'm looking for the one on the escape wheel.

DSC06253.JPG