Information about this clock

LittleWatchShop

1 hour ago, clockboy said:

Art deco period for sure. However a first for me a three barrel Westminster chime clock with a platform escape

Its a bit odd this one to have a platform and not  the normal pendulum and such an early date. Myself I have two Elliot Westminster chime clocks both with platforms. 

• 1 month later...

Finally received this clock for repair.  Actually, the clock is running fine...just missing a minute hand.

Here is the clock with a prototype minute hand I printed with 3d printer.  I think the proportions are right.  Not sure if I should flip the hand or leave it in the mirror image position.

Next is to find an appropriate metal to fabricate the hand.  Or...just leave it as 3d printed...dunno.

Thoughts.

2022-09-27 07_07_22-20220927_065819.jpg ‎- Photos.png

34 minutes ago, dadistic said:

I was trying to envision how it would look when both hands point at 12,  and they are overlapping.   Still not sure, but I think not mirrored ?

Cheers!

I can flip it easy enough.  I have searched and searched for this clock to see but have yet to find it.  At the end of the day, I will let the owner decide.

I have fabricated a metal hand using the 3d printed hand as a template.  Not perfect.  In particular, making the square hope perfect size and perfectly aligned proved difficult, but I think I have a way to fix that.

Here it is...still needs more tweaking, polishing, and then painting.

My starting material was a clock mainspring.  First annealed and flattened and then started the cutting.

2022-09-29 13_21_24-20220929_131808.jpg ‎- Photos.png

Edited by LittleWatchShop
  • Like 2