Old jewelling tool ?

Hi everybody hope you are all well. A few days ago i posted up a 404 item that i called my new paperweight. A rather nice  little antique that cost me just one pound but was covered in rust. So 4 days of soaking in vinegar later and it is now rust free and more resembles its original self. I think its an old jewelling tool but please correct me if I'm wrong as it seems to me that it has elements of both a jeweling and staking tool. There is a company name partly visible and what may also be a logo. The name is LJW or LW  Co Ld   and the logo looks like some kind of face maybe a goblin's face, difficult to make out as its very worn. The Ld used instead of Ltd may give a clue as to its age, from what i gather limited liability has been around for over 200 hundred years first being used in New York in 1811, the Uk began 40 years or so later. The one insert that came with it rusted solid in position also gave in to the vinegar and lifted straight out. But there does seem to be some previous damage , the top has a clean break in half ? or possibly manufactured this way and the bottom has some wear to it. The one insert at the shaft end measures exactly a  quarter of an inch and fits both the table and the staking end. So this is the size i will be looking for any fittings that might be available as i would like to use it for its intended purpose if possible. Any ideas to its actual use or age would be nice to know and appreciated if anyone can help with this. My research is coming up a bit empty handed at the moment.  

20220808_225315.jpg

20220808_225223.jpg

20220808_225132.jpg

20220808_225102.jpg

20220808_224949.jpg

20220808_224831.jpg

20220804_133721.jpg

Edited by Neverenoughwatches