48 minutes ago, mikepilk said:

Laser welding may be the way to do it. See if you can get it done at a local jewellers.

Normally jewelry repairers don't weld steel. The bezel could be made anew from stainless steel, for that one bring it to a machine shop.

4 hours ago, jdm said:

Normally jewelry repairers don't weld steel. The bezel could be made anew from stainless steel, for that one bring it to a machine shop.

They may do. You can laser weld steel. I had the lugs on a steel case fixed by my local jewellery shop

1 hour ago, mikepilk said:

They may do. You can laser weld steel. I had the lugs on a steel case fixed by my local jewellery shop

I have found that in my country there is no laser welding and zero non-precious metal in jewelry. Maybe because my country is higly renowned for jewelry, other places can be different. 

Then after welding the bezel needs refacing and polishing, that is work for a lathe. With still a chance of color and finishing mismatch. 

I rest my opinion that is a case of making new not repairing. 

The machines are relatively cheap. Some jewellers offer a repair service for any sort of metal work. The case I had repaired with cracked lugs, it was so good that couldn't see where the repair was. The heating is very localised with lasers and doesn't discolour or distort surrounding metal.

• Like 1