1 hour ago, watchweasol said:

The other alternative is to bush the centerwheel with a brass bush, commonly done on clocks to counteract worn holes.

When I looked in to this, I found that from Cousins you have to buy a pack of 10 brass bushes, and it was as cheap to fit a jewel. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, mikepilk said:

You can try to reduce the size of the hole with a round punch as shown here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rshFo-KGgjY&t=3s

It looks like someone has already tried that. You could fit a jewel if you can find one the right size

I watched this one just the other day.  Karl needs to be thanked.  He really seems enthusiastic about sharing his knowledge.

• Like 1

On 8/5/2022 at 6:27 PM, mikepilk said:

When I looked in to this, I found that from Cousins you have to buy a pack of 10 brass bushes, and it was as cheap to fit a jewel. 

How do a find out what size brass bushes a  need for my watch are all the sizes the same or do a make the hole bigger for the bush to fit?

Hi Murks,  first is to measure the hole as it is ,the size of the arbour, then select or make a bush that is either tight on the arbour(can be broached when fitted) and out side diameter of the bush regarding the size of the hole and the amount of material to be removed. The hole can be opened up using a cutting broach/drill untill the the bush is a tight fit and then pressed in (friction tight) and any excess above or below the bridge/plate removed carefully either by hand or on the lathe. The bushing process is the same in watches as in clocks and re quires great care in maintaining the upright status of the the arbour.

• Like 1

I'm still learning watch repair so sorry if I'm asking so many question when a stripped this movement a notice on the escape wheel pivot on the outside it looks like brass fit with a jewel is this correct if a turn it on the dial side  where the seats feels like they is a incabloc spring missing it feels like something missing from that plus the escape wheel pivot is not In the jewel.

20220808_221729.jpg

20220808_221652.jpg

On 8/8/2022 at 9:55 AM, watchweasol said:

the Which ever you decide to do either fitting a jewel or a bush the process will be of the same nature.  You can always purchase bushing wire and make your own of course.

Sir if a purchase my own bush wire does the bush already have hole for the arbour to go in or do a make my own plus if a fit a new jewel how do measure the outside? if a don't have the original jewel in.

• 2 weeks later...

On 8/9/2022 at 2:56 AM, Murks said:

I'm still learning watch repair so sorry if I'm asking so many question when a stripped this movement a notice on the escape wheel pivot on the outside it looks like brass fit with a jewel is this correct if a turn it on the dial side  where the seats feels like they is a incabloc spring missing it feels like something missing from that plus the escape wheel pivot is not In the jewel.

20220808_221729.jpg

20220808_221652.jpg

I've just replied on your other thread

Edited by Boz

• Mark changed the title to Lip r25 - End/Side Shake