Parts for Thwaites & Reed carriage clock

lmori76

Hi,

I am new to the forum and to the hobby. Before posting questions about my clumsy attempts at dismantling watch movements, I'd need some help for my father-in-law who is looking for a replacement for the broken anchor of what it seems an old Thwaites & Reed carriage clock. Do you know if parts for these clocks can be sourced over Internet?

Clock picture attached - still waiting for a picture of the movement...

Thanks in advance for your help.

c633cda6-0b08-4120-9116-bbc6c8eaac21.JPG

Hi Thwaits and Reed  might just be the finishers or the retailers name, the actual clock made by some one else and bought in. Depending on the actual maker parts can still be found for carriage clocks. Its a case of identifying the maker  (any logos / numbers on the back plate) so a picture of the back plate  would be helpfull       cheers

• 1 month later...

Those photos don't help me as what you say is broken (the anchor) that is part of the escapement which is the platform. I can tell you that movement is not that old. It is filthy and need a good clean.All the screws are modern, the screws that hold the ratchet wheel covers are set in and not fixed outside a sure sign of modern carriage clocks, oil sinks are not part of the plates but look as if they have been pressed in. I could go on but that is enough.  So the chances of finding replacement parts I would say are good.   

Fine clock but very dirty. Good solid plates. could we get pictures of the platform escapement from all angles as Old Hippy explained the "anchor" is part of the platform assembly notably the pallet fork which operates through the contrate wheel thro the escape wheel to the pallet and to the balance wheel.  The attached document may be of some help.  

Servicing a Platform.pdf