Hello To All You Clock Repairers.

oldhippy

I'd like to introduce myself. I have over 30 years experience in watch and clock repairing and restoration, but I'm retired now due to poor health, I have been for about 20 years. I served an apprenticeship of 5 years and another 2 years as an improver. My master was an extremely crafted watch/clockmaker and so was his father.  I also had my own workshop in England. In my time as an horologist I under took the repairs of the smallest ladies manual watch up to repairing/restoring Long Case clocks sometimes called grandfather clocks. I concentrated more on clocks the better quality antique rather than the poorly made modern types. So if I can be of any help in any way I'm here for you.

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum Old Hippy! It's good to have you aboard and I'm looking forward to your input. There are is a great mix of talents on here, some with particular specialities, and others like me that like anything that ticks. :)

Welcome to the forum Old Hippy! It's good to have you aboard and I'm looking forward to your input. There are is a great mix of talents on here, some with particular specialities, and others like me that like anything that ticks. :)

Thank you. I hope I will be able to help. You know in watch and clock repairing with all those years right up to retiring I was always learning. There would be something new with each repair more in the clock side. Long Case Clocks, French Carriage Clocks and English Fusee Bracket Clocks were the ones I loved working on.

Are you aware of Steffen Pahlow at Youtube you need to take a look at his work he really is a master craftsman. He reminds me of my Master.

Are you aware of Steffen Pahlow at Youtube you need to take a look at his work he really is a master craftsman. He reminds me of my Master.

I've watched all of his videos, he is indeed a master!

• 3 weeks later...

A little late but nonetheless giving you, Oldhippy, a heartfelt welcoming to the forum! This place is so good I bet your health will improve just by visiting! :)

Cheers,

Bob

Thank you. You are most kind.

I think I'm settling in. For what it's worth I have been adding my little contributions. There's not too much activity with the clock side of things, but its all very enjoyable.

• Like 1