Mido_1117P1-1.jpg.466d2661f7015914f5358bbeffcd7167.jpg

39 minutes ago, dbanks866 said:

Hi

Can anyone tell me what outer male stem I need for this movement? Case number 2832617. I belive the movement is based on the AS 1675. 

There are a few on ebay but with a different case number.

Thanks

Can you post a photo of it and measure it. .Does it look like this ? This a 13 ligne.  

Mido_1117P1.jpg

Edited by Neverenoughwatches

8 hours ago, dbanks866 said:

Can anyone tell me what outer male stem I need for this movement?

Even if this has been solved, a next time please post pictures together with your question. That will help others help you.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, dbanks866 said:

Will do. I'll post a picture of the movement with the case later to see if that helps.

Thanks

As jdm says pictures are very important, without them helpers can only guess as to what is needed. If you can measure the movement as well. As the same stems oftem come in different lengths. I do have a ronda number that may be the correct stem but it is being shown as 11.5 ligne this maybe to short for your movement as ranfft are only listing the as1675 as a 12 or 13. Your model is  13 ligne. Add a link here also for the ebay listing that you have seen.

1 hour ago, dbanks866 said:

Will do. I'll post a picture of the movement with the case later to see if that helps.

In addition to the movement picture we need a really nice picture of the stem that's left. Then out of curiosity do need a crown also?

Hi

Pictures attached. I have put the movement in the wrong way round so the stem can be seen in relation to the case and tube.

JohnR725 I have a crown but the ones on ebay combine the stem and crown. So not sure how it should be configured. I would be happy to have a separate stem and crown. I've included the links to the ebay items.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/393386792663

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/393359852029

20220728_103832.jpg

20220728_103838.jpg

20220728_103844.jpg

20220728_103832.jpg

Should have said it is 13".

Appreciate the help.

There are a variety of systems for two-piece stems, and both sides must be of the same design. In your case, the inner female stem must match the movement, but (aside from length) the most important thing about the outside male piece is that it needs to be compatible with the female. Looking at your pictures, I'm not sure that either of the eBay offerings would fit the female stem, which seems to be the type that allows both side-to-side joining if the stem is accessible and "snapping" the male section on or off from the end when used on a front-loader. But  making a determination just from a zoomed-in photo can be difficult, so you should evaluate the actual watch to sort out what male options will fit. 

My understanding is that the Mido crowns are not of the snap-in type. Both ends have to find each other when the movement is put into the case (see the linked forum thread). That means that the ebay offerings should fit if the length is o.k..

Edited by Kalanag

7 hours ago, Kalanag said:

Crown ans stem are one piece obviously

Interesting picture I wonder why it never brings good memories for me?

Oh wait that's because that's my picture. As I'm the person at work to secure hard to obtain parts it took one year to fix the other watchmakers problem. This is why get excited whenever someone says just rip it out because on some watches the split stem's do not split when you pull the crowd out you can damage the mechanism. Then if you get really creative like the other watchmaker did he tried to tighten the part in the watch and then broke his step. By the way the stem in the watch that comes in a variety of links just to make things more fun.

So yes the stem and crown it come together and everything asked to be the right size or it's not going to work.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the help.

I think Geotex is correct in that the female stem can work both ways ie side by side or snap, it's very similar to a tissot front loader I have.

kalanag's post confirms that the stems on ebay wouldn't fit the current stem.

So I guess I need to measure the diameter of the female stem and find a matching male stem.

• 7 months later...