New member…AMOS412

AMOS412

Hello! This is the first group I’ve joined having to do with watches. I’ve been retired for a few years now and looking forward to learn something new. Over the past few months I’ve picked up some old watches, a few are in need of some work. It’s sparked an interest to learn what makes these little beauties tick!
Have a great day!!

Greeting and welcome to the forum!

Learning watch repair is an interesting journey and as a relatively recent retiree who has also embarked on the same journey I think you'll enjoy it as long as you have reasonable expectations.

A very good place to start would be to enroll in Mark's self-paced, online courses: http://watchfix.com

Another step along the way would be to visit this well animated web page to get a good idea of what makes your watch tick. This is also a good 7 minute YouTube video showing/explaining the inner workings of a watch.

Enjoy your retirement!

2 hours ago, AMOS412 said:

Hello! This is the first group I’ve joined having to do with watches. I’ve been retired for a few years now and looking forward to learn something new. Over the past few months I’ve picked up some old watches, a few are in need of some work. It’s sparked an interest to learn what makes these little beauties tick!
Have a great day!!

Very kind of you Amos. You have come to a great place to learn this amazing hobby. Here you will find some friendly willing help.  Any questions you have submit along with plenty of clear photos of the watch front dial , caseback, macro shots of the movement train and dial side. Any manufacturer logos and calibre identification marks and serial numbers. These are a big help to someone giving you advice, specific watches can have their own idiosyncrasies.