Landeron 148 chrono stopping

Hi everyone,

I am currently frustrated with this Landeron 148. It works fine with the chronograph off, but once it is engaged it stops shortly. I have checked for damage on the wheels as well as adjusted the dephting, but I can't seem to get it to work. I was wondering if anyone had any tips or can spot something that looks like it needs attention (photo attached). 

IMG_3108.JPG

The mainspring is fine I believe.

The adjustment on the sliding gear seems to be the issue as it stops whenever the chronograph runner engages with it. I can see that the depth isn't correct. I can't seem to figure out where the adjustment screws for the sliding gear are however.

Thank you, I believe that the adjustments on the driving, coupling and runner are fine now, but the watch stops immediately when the runner pin touches the sliding gear. It doesn't matter how I adjust it, the watch stops immediately as soon as the pin makes contact with the sliding gear. The sliding gear seems to work freely so I am really not sure why this is happening.

IMG_3113.jpg

Sliding gear wheel and min.-recording wheel must spin absolutely free without the least resistance.

But your picture looks like pin and tooth are blocking each other. This happens if sliding gear and pin are not meshing deep enough. Adjust the sliding gear deeper with its eccentric (can't say which one, find which stops the movement of s. g.)

Frank

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for the help Frank. You were right that there was something off about the minute wheel and sliding gear. I ordered a new minute wheel for a 148 and it was different from the existing one in the movement. It works fine now with the new wheel and I was able to adequately adjust the depthing. Perhaps someone had switched it out for a different Landeron caliber?

The issue I'm having now is with the start/stop/reset. I know that on these movements the 2 o'clock pusher starts the chrono while the 4 o'clock pusher stops/resets. However when I engage the start pusher it will only move the hammer to the "stop" position, not all the way out to engage the chrono. If I move the hammer manually and engage the chrono, then try to stop it with the 4 o'clock pusher, it will do nothing. If it is in the "stop" position it will return and zero it out however. I have attached a photo of me moving the fly-back lever and you can see it doesn't engage at all.

Not sure what the issue could be with and would appreciate any tips. The only thing I can think is that there might be a problem with the reverser spring and fly-back lever?

IMG_3211.JPG

IMG_3213.JPG