Excentric watch

BlueHarp

Hi alll of you,

I'm not sure my post is in the right place, but I wished to share ma latest (crazy) experiment : I have just finished assembling a watch, taking the case from one and putting inside the movement (France Ebauche 233-60) from another one, with the crown from a third one and one of the handles form a fourth one ... and I painted the original dial in purple ...

Could we call the result a controversial watch ? 😁  

By the way, the watch works quite well.

Montre violette.jpg

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, BlueHarp said:

Hi alll of you,

I'm not sure my post is in the right place, but I wished to share ma latest (crazy) experiment : I have just finished assembling a watch, taking the case from one and putting inside the movement (France Ebauche 233-60) from another one, with the crown from a third one and one of the handles form a fourth one ... and I painted the original dial in purple ...

Montre violette.jpg

Ooooh a franken watch, some may find this controversial, i hope for you that you dont receive a temporary forum ban. 😆

• Like 1

I'd be the last to point fingers; I just got done doing the same thing a few days ago.  Had an FHF 96 in perfect condition.  Had a 14k case that was a perfect fit.  Added a no-name dial, hands, a mesh bracelet of the same color of gold.  Just to see how it would turn out.

I kinda like it.  And it's as accurate as any other mechanical watch I have.  Maybe even one of the more accurate ones.

IMG_20220710_101554.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BlueHarp said:

Hi alll of you,

Montre violette.jpg

Tbh blueharp its looks nice, i dont really agree with what is descibed as the Mumbai special. There maybe a good reason that they do this in India and afterall they need to earn money the same as everone else does. Its just the thought of a vintage watch being turned into something completely different and losing all of its history. Its just a shame they dont salvage them back to original but i suppose that wouldnt give them the same volume of watches to sell. But some of those dials and hands oh wow 🤢 sorry but nooooo.  You have made a nice job of this blueharp and its back on someones wrist instead of sad and lonely unloved in a knicker draw. 🙂