Modern lubricant for Timex 106 day/date springs?

Against all reason and advice, I dove into a Timex 106 (day/date) service as a novice, and went for a full teardown. I've got the base movement back together and running nicely. I oiled pivots with 9010 and some of the slower parts with HP1300. My next step is to reassemble the calendar works. I have the 106 service manual but it doesn't specify anything beyond "oil here" on the day & date detent springs & a couple other points on the calendar works. Looking over the earlier day/date model 27's service guide, it recommended "Hamilton PML grease" for the detent springs.

What would you recommend for a modern lubricant on the calendar detent springs? I have Moebius 9010, HP1300, 9501, and 9415 for palette jewels.

Thanks - yes now I'm reading that Nye manufactures the PLM grease in the USA, and it's functionally similar to the Swiss 9501 gel grease. Up to now on this journey, I think I've only heard Moebius Moebius Moebius.

Moebius is the only manufacturer worlwide specialized on watch oils with its tiny market volume and high R&D expenses. Moebius is located in Swizerland and part of the mighty Swatch group which dictates the type of lubricant to its licensed watch makers. Hobbyists are free to experiment with other lubricants developed for the use in micro mechanics.

Edited by Kalanag
  • Like 1

On 7/11/2022 at 1:31 AM, Kalanag said:

Hobbyists are free to experiment with other lubricants developed for the use in micro mechanics.

Agreed, I have also been using a tube of electronic lube bought from Radio Shack well over 15 years ago.  It has a Teflon base and works great for vintage Timex.  The tube is now about 90% used.  I think I paid about $3.00 for it.   

49 minutes ago, JerseyMo said:

It has a Teflon base and works great for vintage Timex

Do you use the electronics grease just for very high friction parts or also in calendar & motion works? I ask if only because it's reassuring to hear that it is sometimes acceptable to make do with what you have around as long as it's not for a client.