Hello world!

5 minutes ago, brunomartins said:

Hello!

I have been studying a lot about mechanical watches, watching videos and I have got really excited to begin some projects.

Believe or not, I am afraid of not knowing what screw goes in what bridge 🙂  

See you around the forum

Osvaldo Bruno

Welcome Bruno. You'll be fine fella. Plenty of good people here to help you. Keep the screws with the bridges you are taking off. Keep the bridges separate from each other .Take pictures and make of notes until you gain confidence and knowledge. Some recommend putting the screws back into their places after the bridges are removed. Personally i do think this a little risky, if not fastened in well enough when cleaning. But you'll find your own method for what works best for you. Any questions make sure you post some really good macro shots of front,  back, inside, case and dial as well. Any numbers letters and symbols are very important in establishing its make, manufacturer and calibre. Identification is required straight away as well as any history of the watch as well. Inc. anything you might have already done with it, repair wise or disrepair wise. Dont feel silly, anxious or intimidated in any way when talking to anyone about your questions, as one very respected member here often quotes, no question is silly. Everyone here has been where you are in their journey and we are all very helpful and friendly.  Enjoy Bruno

3 minutes ago, watchweasol said:

Aye I am still here ,  Just back from the hols,  taking a bit of a back seat these days but still here. 

I am pleased you are i was starting to get worried. And hope you enjoyed your time away. We need more of you on here, sentiments that everyone here shares WW.

6 hours ago, Neverenoughwatches said:

Welcome Bruno. You'll be fine fella. Plenty of good people here to help you. Keep the screws with the bridges you are taking off. Keep the bridges separate from each other .Take pictures and make of notes until you gain confidence and knowledge. Some recommend putting the screws back into their places after the bridges are removed. Personally i do think this a little risky, if not fastened in well enough when cleaning. But you'll find your own method for what works best for you. Any questions make sure you post some really good macro shots of front,  back, inside, case and dial as well. Any numbers letters and symbols are very important in establishing its make, manufacturer and calibre. Identification is required straight away as well as any history of the watch as well. Inc. anything you might have already done with it, repair wise or disrepair wise. Dont feel silly, anxious or intimidated in any way when talking to anyone about your questions, as one very respected member here often quotes, no question is silly. Everyone here has been where you are in their journey and we are all very helpful and friendly.  Enjoy Bruno

That was very encouraging and kind. Thank you and I have noted down your tips

• 2 weeks later...

To get the best help with a specific watch you will need to provide photographs of the dial side of the movement without the dial attached as well as the bridge side often with a shot showing the balance removed.

Measuring the diameter of the movement can also help.

There will often be helpful clues in the keyless works configuration.

There can also be a stamped symbol showing the manufacturer of the movement (often under the balance) as well as a movement ID.