Sessions striker service and question

My neighbor (who seems to have an endless supply of timekeepers in need of repair) brought this Sessions that is dated around the turn of the last century.

I finally got around to servicing it yesterday.  Nothing out of the ordinary except that the lantern pinion on the fly had an issue--one of the pins was loose and fell out.  I investigated and it appeared to have been worked on before and there was not a lot of brass left for me to rub it in, so I just used some Loctite.

It strikes a classic spiral gong on the hour and taps a bell on the half hour.  Is there a name for this style of striking?

2022-07-04 11_41_50-20220704_101306-1.jpg ‎- Photos.png

Wow, that is a great document.

On this clock, I was not paying attention to the warning pin with relation to the maintenance cam and almost missed it.  I hate to have to separate the plates to fix this kind of issue...fortunately I did not have to this time!!

BTW, the half-hour bell is not shown in the picture I took, but it is there in the final assembly.

I have fixed a couple of alarm clocks. On one of them, the anchor had broken so I made one.  Also had to make the release wire. Had to scrounge around the garage to find something appropriate.  His solution is cleaner.

I joined NAWCC this year and am active on the forum...not as active as here because this forum is the seat of all horological knowledge!