Pocket watch movement identification

I think it's a Revue 30

This has lots of variation in bridge shapes but check out figure 9 for comparison with yours.

The only thing that makes me a little unsure is the keyless works which don't appear to be a perfect match.

25 minutes ago, Marc said:

I think it's a Revue 30

This has lots of variation in bridge shapes but check out figure 9 for comparison with yours.

The only thing that makes me a little unsure is the keyless works which don't appear to be a perfect match.

Thanks Marc, thats is so great, like you say the keyless works is slightly different but its a starting point. Really appreciate your help. 

6 hours ago, WatchMaker said:

Keyless works make it more of a Revue 31 but either way with acknowledged variety of bridge shapes for these Revue movements this should set you in the right direction.

Thanks watchmaker, i am looking for a balance staff the back looks like a 30 but like you have said the keyless works looks like a 31 so am unsure which staff to look for.

9 hours ago, WatchMaker said:

Consider using https://www.balancestaffs.com/revue.php which gives the dimensions of a balance staff if you click on a calibre number. Using your existing staff as the reference hopefully that will determine what Ronda numbered staff you're after ... as well as then giving an answer to the 30 or 31 question once you find a match.

Thank you so much for all your help i really appreciate it.

• 2 months later...

I thought i would pop on with an update of this movement, i was unable to measure the staff in it as it was the wrong one so i took a chance on this being a revue 31 and brought the relevant staff.  I am very pleased to say that this pocket watch now lives again. Thanks again for everyones help.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1