Watch repair food

Here you go chaps, something to keep your blood sugar where it should be for your hairspring work. This is my comfort food after our lass has kicked my arse in the gym this aftey yet again. 🏋‍♂️.  Banana 🍌 and blueberry protein pancakes.  3 eggs, half a cup of oats, cut up in the blender, 1 heaped tablespoon of ground almonds, 1 scoop of salted caramel 90 % protein powder, 1 banana and half a cup of organic blueberries. Whisk up in blender, blueberries go in last for a 15 second blitz so still partially whole. 1 min each side in frying pan in coconut oil.  Topped with a large dollop of greek yoghurt, ground nutmeg and a kiwi fruit. Yummmmy.  Plenty of fat , protein and a medium portion of complex carbs. About as healthy a desert as you can get 👍. Oh and a nice strong yorkshire cuppa.

20220703_214143.jpg

Edited by Neverenoughwatches

6 hours ago, HectorLooi said:

So you can cook....

Tell me what you think of this Yorkshire pudding recipe from a true blue Yorkshire lass.

Hahaha. What a lovely lass, i bet she's a good laugh on a night out. Some fair yorky pud tips. I'm ok in the kitchen, my missus is much better. My two grandmothers were amazing bakers and cooks, which is strange as my mum hated cooking and my two sisters are absolutely crap at it.  Tbh I'm not a yorkshire pudding fan, dont get me wrong i love them but its flour not a healthy food by any stretch of the imagination. Everyone has at least some level of intolerance to it. We never evolved eating it, well not until around 10,000 years ago when recognised agricultural methods came about. But saying that i do make them for the family and i will eat one, it gives me a place to house some gravy ( yes i know flour, but i  make my own so that is controlled ) . The beef dripping is a must, it has loads of flavour and a higher smoke point as heat  is key in getting the puds to lift. A muffin tray as opposed to a traditional York pud one as the extra height on sides keeps separation  and retains heat a little better. The fat needs to be near smoking and then work quickly to get the batter in the tray and back in the oven. I use semi skimmed milk, sometimes whole milk, saturated fat is so important in our diet, contrary to what most people believe and what we've been told for decades, i have plenty. Its the carbs that are the problem. Semi or whole although this makes them a little heavier, you can offset this a little by bringing the batter back to room temperature after resting in the fridge overnight. Also a generous amount of fat to put the batter into will raise them not especially higher but quicker which will lighten them as well. But yes yorkshire lass did ok, mostly funny, I'm just a bit more fussy about getting things perfect. 

Edited by Neverenoughwatches
  • Thanks 1