Cartier Santos--is it a fake

2 hours ago, LittleWatchShop said:

it looks like a fake

I'm inclined to be a little suspicious too.

On all of the Santos dials that I have looked at one of the strokes of one of the numerals is the word "Cartier". It's not always in the same place, on yours it's on the thin arm of the V in VII, and on yours it appears to be very smudged. I can't imagine that a genuine dial would be anything other than crystal clear. Check images on the www and you'll see what I mean.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I found this comment on Chrono24 about the Cartier ETA 2671

Movement complete, for the Cartier Santos ladies Automatic. This is a complete movement, without it's hour wheel, but the caliber is unknown. As this movement needs a hour wheel, that has a reduced size, kindly check if your hour wheel replacement is available before ordering this item. How to know it is a Cartier caliber? Simple.. LOOK at the regulator portion of the balance bridge, the regulator will be left handed, ie: the reverse of all ETA 2671 calibers. This is a normal Cartier trait, to have a left handed movement, it simply cannot be replicated!

I do not understand the "left handed" comment.

• 4 months later...