Hey everyone. 

This is my buddy's wedding watch. The hour and minute hand fell off and it seems to be an easy job of just repair. However I cannot get the case back or front off for the life of me. Would this be a snap on? Does anyone have any experience with these pieces. First time my rubber ball fail me.

The model for this aerowatch is 50931RO01 I cannot find too much information

Stephen

20220628_092735.JPG

20220628_092800.JPG

Edited by suomaf
additional information

17 minutes ago, Klassiker said:

It looks like snap-on. Look for a seam, maybe even a pronounced notch, around the outer diameter of the case.

Thanks man, I am trying to find the seam but cannot quite see it. I really hate to scratch this thing since it has sentimental value for him. Time to loupe up to find that seam I guess.

By the way: The hour wheel fell off with the hand pressed on.

CB37CDC2-D3D5-417D-A5EA-9C4CB64B28D5.jpeg.2ce0bb608324c62a6c913bc9ff76d900.jpeg

I wonder how the hour wheel is held in place? Is it held by the minute hand? Here a photo from the Aerowatch website.

65D9D58C-D6C6-4CD0-9EEB-869FD3C8C8A7.thumb.png.bb26f07fe655e48b0462eba6c8e4a384.png

Edited by Kalanag
  • Thanks 1

I found the seam. Now to figure how to get it open with as little scratches as possible using my very limited tools

7 minutes ago, Kalanag said:

By the way: The hour wheel fell off with the hand pressed on.

CB37CDC2-D3D5-417D-A5EA-9C4CB64B28D5.jpeg.2ce0bb608324c62a6c913bc9ff76d900.jpeg

I wonder how the hour wheel is held in place? Is it held by the minute hand? Here a photo from the Aerowatch website.

65D9D58C-D6C6-4CD0-9EEB-869FD3C8C8A7.thumb.png.bb26f07fe655e48b0462eba6c8e4a384.png

It seems weird that there is nothing else to hold it in place instead of the minute hand

3 hours ago, Kalanag said:

Just pressure with a sharp blade. No leverage! Risky procedure without the appropriate tool!

EC9BBCD3-CC20-47F3-BDAC-2F4CE4FE5040.jpeg.49648468eb5c101b947ec5e5ddf2aade.jpeg

(from MECHANICAL WATCHES by Mark W. Wiles)

Exactly what I did except I used a flat head screw driver and now it is opened. Fixed it but I cannot get it to snap back. 😂 It is sapphire so I am afraid that it might be brittle 

20220628_153028.jpeg

Edited by suomaf

Congratulations!
When pressing the bezel back on you should put the pressure to the bezel only (or just the outer rim of the crystal)! Again you need the right tool. Your press with the right die should work.

Edited by Kalanag
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Kalanag said:

Congratulations!
When pressing the bezel back on you should put the pressure to the bezel only (or just the outer rim of the crystal)! Again you need the right tool. Your press with the right die should work.

You are right about the right tool. Since my press is pretty much useless, I was finally able to snap it into place using 2 vice clamps. Time to upgrade tools again. Thanks for all the help. It is good to go now.

20220628_200732.jpeg

20220628_201223.jpeg

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Plato said:

?

Yeah Buddy's wedding watch from a few years ago. We live in a place where authorised repairs are non existent and he tried sending it to another country to get it fixed. A year later and it was not done. Was an easy job and able to learn how to do simple things like open a snap caseback without cutting my fingers open. Thanks to @Kalanagfor his advice throughout the day, it got done. My buddy is stoked.

His is an older version of this. https://www.aerowatch.com/en/big-mechanical-skeleton-a-50981-r101/

1 hour ago, suomaf said:

Yeah Buddy's wedding watch from a few years ago. We live in a place where authorised repairs are non existent and he tried sending it to another country to get it fixed. A year later and it was not done. Was an easy job and able to learn how to do simple things like open a snap caseback without cutting my fingers open. Thanks to @Kalanagfor his advice throughout the day, it got done. My buddy is stoked.

His is an older version of this. https://www.aerowatch.com/en/big-mechanical-skeleton-a-50981-r101/

You did a good job, that's the main thing.

• Thanks 1