Watch repair newbie

Hi - Retired electronics engineer here and just beginning to look at the fascinating world of watch repair.  I've been watching videos and I've just discovered that watch repair courses exist, and I'm looking forward to learning a lot on here....

Thanks for letting me join !

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, railwaymaniac said:

Hi - Retired electronics engineer here and just beginning to look at the fascinating world of watch repair.  I've been watching videos and I've just discovered that watch repair courses exist, and I'm looking forward to learning a lot on here....

Thanks for letting me join !

Welcome Railway. Thank you for your introduction, thats always nice and to have a bit of background on members can come in handy. Where you at matey ? You have made a good choice. The forum here is full of friendy very knowledgeable folk from all backgrounds and with all different skill levels so dont let yourself feel out of place. We have some amazing working pros and also some very knowledgeable amateurs some even considered as good as pros. The old timers are my favourite with a wealth of knowledge and so helpful. Look out for Watchweasol he is an absolutely gem in my opinion and i personally have a ton of respect for as does everone on the forum.  JohnR725 is also super knowledgeable as is nicklesilver both pros and a couple of other pros that occasionally pop theirs heads in. Post up any questions you have and as ww quite rightly says "no question is silly " so dont feel like that when asking anything. When posting we need plenty of photos of what you are working on to go along with your questions. Dial, caseback, dial off side and the train side. Any history information of the watch that you can give us is always useful. Any contributions you can make to help anyone are also welcomed and encouraged. Look forward to speaking soon 👍

• Like 1