Hi everyone!

Hutch

Hi everyone! After spending a decent amount of lockdown getting absorbed in watch making and repairing videos online I’ve got an order of tools and oils arriving today. My fascination started after being gifted several vintage family watches, including a beautiful Waltham pictured below.

I’ve found a pocket watch with a working Unitas 6431/6445 that will be my starting point, and will hopefully be able to move on from there.

Cheers, Elliot

EA20BFB3-4125-4BCB-9EB9-E5DB84DF53CE.jpeg

Edited by Hutch
Updates movement No.

That's a beautiful watch Elliot! Welcome to the forum! Quite a few folks here probably fell into this via YT videos during lockdown. We have our share of experts too, so crack open that Unitas 6431 and let us know how you're making out (and don't spill any of that oil, it's too expensive).

Hi Elliot,   Welcome to WRT forum and good luck with your forey into horology.

6 hours ago, Hutch said:

I’ve found a pocket watch with a working Unitas 6431/6445 that will be my starting point.

Your best option for a start is a scrap 6431 unitas, it'l also be a material house in your drawer for spare parts you may come to need when your pocket watch gets on bench for service. 

Good luck pal.