knocked down but not out

311991539_CM220610-0613130012.thumb.jpg.47154bfa692d7d584ad657089284b060.jpg

I received this watch in a large assortment of watches and movements about a year or so ago.

I assigned very little value to the crushed Lorsa P72 inside, disassembling it just for the practice.CM211224-123654003.thumb.jpg.72de46dc58ac5c6913b4c3b761aa5cb7.jpg

The inside of the dial had the outline of the hour wheel and the main plate had the shape of the cannon pinion coind into their respective surfaces.

Setting all of the pieces aside for quite some time I finally realized that I already had several replacement main plates for this movement.CM211224-123705004.thumb.jpg.c5ec91d8e35e7988c87033249ad7fb86.jpg

I settled on this orphaned plate, salvaging the jewels needed from the old plate and reinstalling them into this one.  I also found a replacement hour wheel, escape wheel, cannon pinion and crystal from the many piles of used parts that I have been slowly sorting through.  Several jewels, even some that I did not have out, needed to be adjusted in and/or out to aquire the requisite end shake, as well as the resulting engagement between one wheel and another within the train.  I also needed to recurve the flattened dial to clear the newly installed hand work.

As of today, I have been wearing it all week, pre regulation, and it has been consistently running about thirty seconds/day slow with a slight beat error.  I will be adjusting the beat error and regulating it this weekend.

My first intentions were to replace the dial, center wheel (it lost the second hand arbor when it got crushed) and find a replacement sweep but this ZOMBIE of a watch has been growing on me, as is (shown above).

Thanks for looking.

Shane

Edited by Shane
  • Like 6