Seiko SKZ 221J1 Land Shark/Atlas Crystal Replacement

I want to replace the crystal on my Land Shark/Atlas. SKZ221 JI

From the limited info I have got this is not like other Seiko dive watches I have done. I gather the bezel is held on by a round ring under the bezel insert that has to be unwound to enable the bezel to be prized off and the crystal pushed out from underneath?

If this is the case, and I may have the wrong info, how do I remove the bezel insert to get access without damaging it. I haven't found any replacement bezel inserts so a bit concerned if it gets damaged!

Any advice would be appreciated please.

20220608_204620.jpg

20220608_204521.jpg

14 hours ago, Pluto said:

I want to replace the crystal on my Land Shark/Atlas.

Why? Be aware that a generic sapphire crystal likely will not fit when the original has a non-standard height and/or a bevel to clear the inner diameter of the bezel insert.

14 hours ago, Pluto said:

I gather the bezel is held on by a round ring under the bezel insert 

From where you gather that? I haven't seen anything like that ever. The framed A0 on the caseback indicates the case building type, now i don't have the corresponding table but that's easy to find. 

Hi jdm. Sorry typo on heading. It's SKZ211J1

What you can't see is a chip in the crystal at 12 and some light scratches. I'm hoping this Japan made crystal I have specifically for this model will be ok. If not I will put the old one back.

The info I got was from another watch forum from some time ago when a description of how this models crystal and bezel is fitted. This was after quite a bit of searching.

This AO table for the case type may be helpful but how to find it?