Seiko 6309.

Hello. Here I am again.

I have disassembled a 6309. Lost a part. Setting lever axle, 'ping' and it was gone. New one ordered.

Whilst waiting, I decided to clean the case. Done. Looks ok. However crystal is Cracked and I will order a replacement. I've removed it from the case, but cans see the inner ring. Can anyone tell me how to remove it please, or at least point me to the correct video.

Regards

Ross

20220606_124521.jpg

20220606_124648.jpg

Edited by rossjackson01
added photographs

The replacement crystal will have its own ring (asuming you've ordered a tension ring crystal of course), no need to take this one out. If you want it for whatever reason, some get out easily prying it carefully, or deforming the plastic slightly,

53 minutes ago, aac58 said:

The replacement crystal will have its own ring (asuming you've ordered a tension ring crystal of course), no need to take this one out. If you want it for whatever reason, some get out easily prying it carefully, or deforming the plastic slightly,

Aah! wasn't aware. I don't have the knowledge yet. Just obtained it from you though. Good man. I've made a note in the parts box for ordering later. Thank you.

Regards

Ross

33 minutes ago, mikepilk said:

If you want to order a generic one, instead of the Seiko original, you can get the "Tension Ring" watch glasses here (with either silver or gold tension rings) : https://www.cousinsuk.com/category/tension-ring-armoured-watch-glasses

Brilliant. Not ordered yet, but I have made a note of the part number ready for when I do. Thank you.

Regards

Ross