AFK for the next few weeks...

Yeah, I know I don't have to say that...but...  Heading out for my annual trip to the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness.  Will miss this forum and my watch shop but will exchange for the solitude in God's creation with no modern distractions (well, I am taking a SATCOM device, otherwise my lady might not let me go). 

Be back online sometime early June.

Keep on ticking!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, LittleWatchShop said:

Yeah, I know I don't have to say that...but...  Heading out for my annual trip to the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness.  Will miss this forum and my watch shop but will exchange for the solitude in God's creation with no modern distractions (well, I am taking a SATCOM device, otherwise my lady might not let me go). 

Be back online sometime early June.

Keep on ticking!!

I'm very jealous mate, but enjoy LWS and play safe 👍

• 2 weeks later...

I am back.  It was very challenging weather.  20mph winds with 40mph gusts...thuderstorms, cold, rain...but we had a few sunny days.  We had to paddle out 10 miles in rainy stiff winds.  Not fun.  However, I am proud that...at my age...I completed the trip.  Fishing was horrible.  Late ice-out meant the waters were cold for the time I was there--so they tell me.  The fish were asleep!!

Edited by LittleWatchShop

47 minutes ago, LittleWatchShop said:

I am back.  It was very challenging weather.  20mph winds with 40mph gusts...thuderstorms, cold, rain...but we had a few sunny days.  We had to paddle out 10 miles in rainy stiff winds.  Not fun.  However, I am proud that...at my age...I completed the trip.  Fishing was horrible.  Late ice-out meant the waters were cold for the time I was there--so they tell me.  The fish were asleep!!

Wish you could send some of the cold over. It's 34°C with a humidity of 85% on most afternoons here. 

5 hours ago, LittleWatchShop said:

Well done mate, pleased to see you back in one piece 👏.  Tell me again, why did you go ? 😅