Help with information on Vietnam watches

1 hour ago, Neverenoughwatches said:

Hi everyone . I have a friend that is interested in buying a watch associated with the Vietnam war. Either a genuine example or a typical example of a watch brand of that era. Would anyone have an idea of the brands that  may have been commission to American soldiers. Thank you.

This link might be helpful.

Every Iranian fighter pilot of  F-14 , F-4   and F-5   who bombed vietnam has a Brietling multicomplication pilot watch.

There should be around 350 of such limited editions exclusively made for said pilots.  I have seen one Wow, its absolutely gorgeous, I even got to wear it for a few seconds. Haha 

I don't know what watch did American pilots recieve. We know US airforce got F-14  when the fighting was over. 

I have heard a few of F-14  pilots flew commercial airlines in Canada. 

If your friend is wealthy and hunts one of these down, he might show off  this gloreous piece on WRT.  

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Nucejoe said:

Every Iranian fighter pilot of  F-14 , F-4   and F-5   who bombed vietnam has a Brietling multicomplication pilot watch.

There should be around 350 of such limited editions exclusively made for said pilots.  I have seen one Wow, its absolutely gorgeous, I even got to wear it for a few seconds. Haha 

I don't know what watch did American pilots recieve. We know US airforce got F-14  when the fighting was over. 

I have heard a few of F-14  pilots flew commercial airlines in Canada. 

If your friend is wealthy and hunts one of these down, he might show off  this gloreous piece on WRT.  

Definitely thanks Nucejoe.  Im sure he would want something like this but so would i and unlikely  we would ever find him one. I think hes looking for more ground force troop's watches, a bit easier to come by. Appreciate the feedback though and something thats worth considering hes not short of a bob or two.

1 hour ago, LittleWatchShop said:

I have some A-11 and A-17 watches that served in WWII and Korean conflict.  A couple are still in the restoration phase...so many projects!

Sounds interesting thanks LWS, i love watches with some war history attached, well any history really. And would be nice to see and hear about your restorations of them when you get underway.. We did a little research into Vietnam watches and came up with a couple of options for ground soldiers. Most obvious  was the Captain Willard, but my friend doesnt really have the wrist size to carry a diver. What are the A 11  and   A 17 ?

2 hours ago, Neverenoughwatches said:

Definitely thanks Nucejoe.  Im sure he would want something like this but so would i and unlikely  we would ever find him one. I think hes looking for more ground force troop's watches, a bit easier to come by. Appreciate the feedback though and something thats worth considering hes not short of a bob or two.

Sounds interesting thanks LWS, i love watches with some war history attached, well any history really. And would be nice to see and hear about your restorations of them when you get underway.. We did a little research into Vietnam watches and came up with a couple of options for ground soldiers. Most obvious  was the Captain Willard, but my friend doesnt really have the wrist size to carry a diver. What are the A 11  and   A 17 ?

Here is my thread on the a17

• Thanks 1