My new old staking set arrived

Here are a couple of more pictures of the set after minor repair of the box and basic cleaning. I -think- the knob at the very top of the tool adjusts the tension the bit is held at. The other part of the box, actually the bottom, needs a little more basic repair.

Matt

IMG_1186.jpg

IMG_1187.jpg

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Nibbler said:

Here are a couple of more pictures of the set after minor repair of the box and basic cleaning. I -think- the knob at the very top of the tool adjusts the tension the bit is held at. The other part of the box, actually the bottom, needs a little more basic repair.

Matt

IMG_1186.jpg

IMG_1187.jpg

Doesnt  look too bad nibbler. What make is it ? The punches look ok. What is the striking end like ? This should give you an indication of how much use they have had

5 hours ago, HectorLooi said:

Yup. It's like the song from The Greatest Showman.... Never Enough! Never, never...

6 hours ago, Nibbler said:

I bought the balance staff removal tool first then realized I needed the staking set. lol.

Buying more tools never seems to be a problem.

Matt

Only when you are threatened with divorce. Thats why I'm single 🙂

On 5/17/2022 at 6:40 PM, watchweasol said:

Now is assembled and more or less in one piece its looking quite complete including a K&D balance staff remover. A good purchase that should last for years.

It's lasted longer than the box 🤔

I had exactly the same thing happen to me when I purchased my first set on eBay. Seller left all the stakes and anvil in the box with resulting breakage of box.

At least your anvil and stakes look to be in very good shape on your set—enjoy (I use mine way more than I ever imagined I would).