While I'm waiting

So after my booboo and ordering the wrong size mainspring winder I thought I would pass the time being creative and not sat infront of TV waiting for the post man to deliver my goods.

so I've been on my woodworking lathe making these pens 

20210413_122001.thumb.jpg.1fa6e0f2ca1e9651db9bff827baae782.jpg

Edited by Tiny
photo lol
  • Like 5

• Tiny changed the title to While I'm waiting
1 hour ago, Tiny said:

So after my booboo and ordering the wrong size mainspring winder I thought I would pass the time being creative and not sat infront of TV waiting for the post man to deliver my goods.

so I've been on my woodworking lathe making these pens 

20210413_122001.thumb.jpg.1fa6e0f2ca1e9651db9bff827baae782.jpg

Nice Tiny 👍. I used to turn about 20 years ago. I still have my old coronet elf lathe. And a load of tools. I may return to it one day.  I used a solution called pegg to seal the stabilise the timber and candle wax to seal the end of blanks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tiny said:

all the pen blanks are all stabilized I paint my timber with gloss paint or wax it's just there to slow down the drying  

👍anything to stop them cracking. It was called peg  poly ethylene glycol if memory serves. It displaced the water content for the peg solution. I used to turn custom  newel posts for stair cases and large bowls. Have a go at banksia nuts theyre great fun. The skew chisel was a real beeatch when it bit and threw.

6 minutes ago, Neverenoughwatches said:

👍anything to stop them cracking. It was called peg  poly ethylene glycol if memory serves. It displaced the water content for the peg solution. I used to turn custom  newel posts for stair cases and large bowls. Have a go at banksia nuts theyre great fun. The skew chisel was a real beeatch when it bit and threw.

Im trying to remember tha name of the brilliant multichuck i had for my lathe. I always wanted a myford lathe but didnt have the room or the money at the time. Might revisit the hobby one day. Really nice work on the pens T 👍

Edited by Neverenoughwatches
  • Like 1