I fell into this...

jpmort

For some reason, I suddenly had a desire to learn how to repair watches!

I am a designer and engineer by profession, who has not done any real engineering or design in the physical sense, after I sold my old motercycle, And I think that somehting has been welling up inside of me over the years. And then, when I see the watches for sale in shops or stalls, I have a strong design to buy them.

Anyway, for the past 6 months or so, I have bought a set of tools, and I am teaching myself to clearn and lubricate watches. And I want to continue doing it... I am on my fourth, and I think I am at the stage where I can lubricate in the corrent way, and I can pick up springs without them vanishing into the fourth dimension.

Do I need treatment?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, jpmort said:

I can pick up springs without them vanishing into the fourth dimension

It's the really small screws that disappear here 🙂

7 hours ago, jpmort said:

Do I need treatment?

It's possible but you haven't supplied enough info to make a determination 🙂

It sounds like you're doing better than I am. Hopefully I'll make it to my 4th project without destroying the balance.

Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to seeing some photos.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jpmort said:

For some reason, I suddenly had a desire to learn how to repair watches!

I am a designer and engineer by profession, who has not done any real engineering or design in the physical sense, after I sold my old motercycle, And I think that somehting has been welling up inside of me over the years. And then, when I see the watches for sale in shops or stalls, I have a strong design to buy them.

Anyway, for the past 6 months or so, I have bought a set of tools, and I am teaching myself to clearn and lubricate watches. And I want to continue doing it... I am on my fourth, and I think I am at the stage where I can lubricate in the corrent way, and I can pick up springs without them vanishing into the fourth dimension.

Do I need treatment?

Haha. Absolutely not mate you're  among your brothers here x

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grsnovi said:

It's the really small screws that disappear here 🙂

It's possible but you haven't supplied enough info to make a determination 🙂

It sounds like you're doing better than I am. Hopefully I'll make it to my 4th project without destroying the balance.

Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to seeing some photos.

I have already posted a question, with some pics actually...

• 2 weeks later...