Hello from Silvergator in San Diego.

I've been replacing batteries in several of my old watches and recently bought a couple of tools (back opener, etc.) and want to get some of my not running watches working. I'll take any help offered in getting started. Several of my older watches (Bulova, Elgin ...) are >50 yrs old and probably need just a cleaning but I've starting with my cheap quartz watches. (Seiko, Invicta, Casio, Fossil, Timex, Pulsar...). Thanks for adding me to the forum.

1 hour ago, Silvergator said:

probably need just a cleaning

Even doing a proper cleaning ends up being a challenge as I've found out... 🙂 

Welcome to the forum - there are a lot of helpful folks here from all around the world.

2 hours ago, Silvergator said:

I've been replacing batteries in several of my old watches and recently bought a couple of tools (back opener, etc.) and want to get some of my not running watches working. I'll take any help offered in getting started. Several of my older watches (Bulova, Elgin ...) are >50 yrs old and probably need just a cleaning but I've starting with my cheap quartz watches. (Seiko, Invicta, Casio, Fossil, Timex, Pulsar...). Thanks for adding me to the forum.

Welcome SG. You will get plenty of help. Any questions you have just attach good close up photos of what you are working on .👍

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to the forum @Silvergator

I had a Casio digital chronograph years ago. After a swim in a pool where the watch went from really hot to quite cool, the display all went odd. I thought it had sucked water in and stuffed itself up. I tossed it. Stoopid. I should have at least had it checked. May have just been a flat battery. I really loved that watch, believe it or not.