Calgary, Canada - New to trying to figure out watch repair for hobby only

Hi everyone, I’m very new to watches, bought a number of them this year so far and I have a late 1950s Tudor Oyster Regent from my father, I am thinking about trying to fix a couple of issues with it.

Edited by CalgaryJim

• CalgaryJim changed the title to Calgary, Canada - New to trying to figure out watch repair for hobby only

Welcome to the forum Jim!

If the Tudor is of sentimental value, I'd suggest that you at least become proficient on some other movements (possibly including a non-running Tudor of the same caliber).

Mark Lovick (our host here and YT personality) has some introductory courses that you might want to consider. In his Level 2 course he walks you through the disassembly, lubrication and reassembly of a movement that you can pick-up on eBay for $24 or so. It would be worth your while to consider his course and the ability to be hand-held through a complete tear down and rebuild where the end will almost certainly be a running watch.

• 2 weeks later...