Hello

6 hours ago, grsnovi said:

Welcome @georgem10, Marshall has a good YT channel and he makes it look easy. Just remember you will probably take longer than an hour to repair your watch! 🙂

There are a lot of helpful people here.

Where are you located in the 

Lol G how much editing and how many retakes are we thinking Marshall is doing ?

25 minutes ago, georgem10 said:

I can already see how skilled Marshall is after spending a few hours disassembling a movement. However I really enjoy taking things apart so I am glad i decided to get into it ! I am from the UK. 

Good morning george my Uk buddy . How the devil are you ? Remember matey, you know when you take something apart and it comes to putting it back together and you then think " oh bugger ".  It happens, it happens a lot , a real lot.  Have i covered that aspect ? Lol. Sorry crazy day coming up, some effort is going to be required to keep it together. This is what happens when i take a day off, apologies in advance. So fella, mate , buddy whatever you prefer, yorkshire is sunny, hope it is where you are. Photos mister, lots and lots and lots of photos during disassembly, did i mention photos ? Yes i did so let us proceed. Take a photo with every part you remove, keep the screws that came with that part with that part. Group the parts, bridges screws and components together, as groups.  Learn your parts, learn them well. Dial side will more than likely be your biggest obstacle in remembering how they go. That and train wheel orientation, location, and order so please please pay special attention to these as well as taking lots of very close photos. Be very careful with all components as they are very delicate especially the  pivots (the very very tiny pin point at each end of each train wheel, pallet, and balance staff approx 0.1mm. Whoa thats bloody small and fragile if you start pulling stuff around. I will give you my new quote, its very simple, very logical like me and very apt for newbies. Will help you find an issue early on and also help you identify if you caused that issue . # inspection during disassembly is as important as correction of reassembly #. So in other words take note of how things fit together and how they work together . If they dont fit during reassembly as well as they did during disassembly then you've buggered up somewhere. Stop rethink go back until youve worked it out what has gone wrong otherwise you will just compound the problem and end up breaking something. Inspect everything as you remove it, put it back take it off again that will also help you remember how it goes. Maybe not the train bridge as that can be a real troublesome monkey getting it back on, unlikely  you will enjoy that experience to start with. But if you feel brave go for it, it is good practice, if you break a pivot you may be stuffed or halted with the repair. But hey youre going to break something at some point so dont worry about it, just try your best not to. But whatever you do dont rush it and DONT get frustrated when things are starting to go pear shaped. Because if you do that pear will become an inorganically grown, pestiside ridden, genetically modified monster fruit. Keep us informed of your progress and ask away at any point that you feel you need help. Everyone here is very friendly occasionally a bit crazy but mostly friendly.  "Its a good kind of crazy" so no need to be affraid matey. 🙃

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the advice mate! I am already  a bit stuck. The movement i picked up has a broken balance staff. I removed the balance, disassembled it and remove the staff from the balance wheel. My main issue now is that i have no clue how to source a new staff for a 100 year old movement. I have already done another post on this so i am hoping that someone will be able to shed some light🤞🤞.

• 2 weeks later...