What Does The Prime Minister Wear?

I don't know if this question has been asked very often, but do watch enthusiasts ever wonder which watch brands high-profile figures favour? Whether it's politicians, business leaders or anyone wealthy and in the public eye.

I noticed, for example, that Jeremy Paxman on University Challenge was wearing a watch with a white dial, and on his C4 election show it was a different watch but still with a white dial.

Presumably the choice would be influenced by financial means, although as we know, there are many beautiful watches that are not expensive.

I realise it is a lost cause trying to identify the brand from the TV screen, but it is a subject that interests me somewhat.

Does this occur to anyone else but me?

Regards,

Frank.

So, apparently, it's a mark of elegance not to wear a watch or a wedding ring. I remember a time when the mark of being "upper-class" was to wear a small gold signet ring on the little finger of the right hand - with handkerchief in the cuff, of course (to show that you were ex-military), and pocket watch on an Albert across the weskit...

• Like 1

Putin will always be able to afford a nice collection even if he gets kicked out. With those kind of creative accounting credentials, FIFA will definitely offer him a job. I gather they may have a few vacancies soon.