9ct gold emporor watch

5 hours ago, Jamesjamesjoc said:

What do you mean not genuine and what do you think the value of this watch is, regards!

He means that is not "fully swiss made". That aside, your watch market value is not much. perhaps 10 GBP if you can find someone wanting this style. The crystal could be replaced for say 5 GBP by an honest repairer, again, if you can find one.

• Thanks 1

As said already Emperor is not a Swiss brand anymore. That‘s why „swiss mov‘t“ is written on the dial. So the value of the watch is more or less the material value of the 8ct (37,5%) gold case with gold (?) bracelet. I have no idea which percentage of the watch’s 35g is the weight of case and bracelet. 8ct Gold is about $20/g.

Are there any gold stamps on the case and/or bracelet?

Edited by Kalanag

58 minutes ago, Kalanag said:

As said already Emperor is not a Swiss brand anymore. That‘s why „swiss mov‘t“ is written on the dial. So the value of the watch is more or less the material value of the 8ct (37,5%) gold case with gold (?) bracelet. I have no idea which percentage of the watch’s 35g is the weight of case and bracelet. 8ct Gold is about $20/g.

Are there any gold stamps on the case and/or bracelet?

IMG_20220509_123457.jpg

IMG_20220509_122538.jpg

On 5/9/2022 at 1:17 PM, Jamesjamesjoc said:

Hi just bought a whw 9ct gold emporor watch would like to know how much to have the scratch on the glass repaired and what people think the value would be on this watch it 35 grams

IMG_20220509_123208.jpg

IMG_20220509_123213.jpg

Watch value little more than the actual weight of its gold content. It has a swiss quartz movement hmm probably not great 80s 90s Ronda ? If its sentimental keep it. If you need the cash then best gold scrap value you can find, a pawn proker ? Gold has been going up steadily past few years. If anyone on here Definitley knows whats happening with the gold market then please ring me i have spare cash under my floor boards that nobody knows about. 

Just now, Neverenoughwatches said:

Watch value little more than the actual weight of its gold content. It has a swiss quartz movement hmm probably not great 80s 90s Ronda ? If its sentimental keep it. If you need the cash then best gold scrap value you can find, a pawn proker ? Gold has been going up steadily past few years. If anyone on here Definitley knows whats happening with the gold market then please ring me i have spare cash under my floor boards that nobody knows about. 

Oops 😄

3 hours ago, Neverenoughwatches said:

Oops 😄

How much would you pay, regards!

44 minutes ago, Jamesjamesjoc said:

Sorry wanted to know what you would pay for this watch so I know what value I should put on it, regards!

Personally i wouldnt pay for it as its not the sort of thing i like.  And i would have to guess that inside isnt up to much. If you are selling then maybe only scrap gold value, its weight would have to calculated. So probably striped down to its bones. I would first see what is inside. Stick it on epay with a reserve price of its gold value plus epay fees, bere in mind if it doesn't  sell you are slapped with a non sale fee for the privilege of the reserve price hold .Good luck.

Edited by Neverenoughwatches

4 hours ago, Jamesjamesjoc said:

How much would you pay, 

Your question has already been answered.

Here

18 minutes ago, Neverenoughwatches said:

Personally i wouldnt pay for it 

On 5/10/2022 at 12:25 AM, jdm said:

your watch market value is not much. perhaps 10 GBP if you can find someone wanting this style. The crystal could be replaced for say 5 GBP by an honest repairer, again, if you can find one.

For a more precise appraisal I recommend jewelers forum.

Regds

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nucejoe said:

Your question has already been answered.

Here

For a more precise appraisal I recommend jewelers forum.

Regds

Hmm you're right just a bit more precise nucejoe. I think maybe a little undervalued at 10 notes, unless the gold market has completely crashed and we are now finding nuggets on the beach. Wheres my floppy sun hat and metal detector ?

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Neverenoughwatches said:

Hmm you're right just a bit more precise nucejoe. I think maybe a little undervalued at 10 notes, unless the gold market has completely crashed and we are now finding nuggets on the beach. Wheres my floppy sun hat and metal detector ?

WRT forum is not a jewelery store, we are here to learn watch repair, recently however a good 98% posts have  had no educarional value whatsoever.  We have seen @jdmback quicker than you can find your floppy hat. 

We love this forum and like to see it maintain its scholastic prestige. 

Rgds

8 minutes ago, Nucejoe said:

WRT forum is not a jewelery store, we are here to learn watch repair

Point taken 👍. Although some people  like to know what things are worth. And the guy did start his introduction thread regarding the value of his watch. Not particularly interupting anything important.  Just saying. 🙂

8 minutes ago, Nucejoe said:

We have seen @jdmback quicker than you can find your floppy hat

I dont understand what this means though.

Edited by Neverenoughwatches

• 2 weeks later...