New watch repair video on YT

10 minutes ago, Tiny said:

This is one of Marks best video's to date.

can I ask what is the tool called that he uses at time stamp 32.15 ??

10 minutes ago, Tiny said:

This is one of Marks best video's to date.

can I ask what is the tool called that he uses at time stamp 32.15 ??

Hiya T. Its a diashock spring press. It has three teeth that push down on the prongs of the diashock spring. Press down and turn to lock it in place . You can use a tooth pick with a hollowed out end. I did make one and was amazed how well it worked. I used a cordess dremel type tool to shape the pick.

Edited by Neverenoughwatches

On 5/9/2022 at 10:26 PM, Kalanag said:

…and some surface friendly plastic stuff 🙂

I’ve never seen those for sale. Maybe @Mark could point us in the right direction where to get them? I suppose it may also be possible to get a plastic rod that fits in a screw driver, then shape it into a wedge…

On the other hand, I have found that contact with acrylic plastic discolours movement plates after a period of time, so I would prefer to get watchmaker grade stuff.

Edited by ifibrin

On 5/14/2022 at 9:20 AM, ifibrin said:

I’ve never seen those for sale. Maybe @Mark could point us in the right direction where to get them? I suppose it may also be possible to get a plastic rod that fits in a screw driver, then shape it into a wedge…

On the other hand, I have found that contact with acrylic plastic discolours movement plates after a period of time, so I would prefer to get watchmaker grade stuff.

https://www.cousinsuk.com/product/component-probe-horotec-26009

🙂

• Like 4

Hi Mark.

Can I ask what grease you used in this video for the braking grease, I know you usually recommend 8217 but what you used seemed too dark to be 8217 are you using something else these days or were my eyes playing tricks and it was 8217 that you used.

Thanks.

Paul