Ebay Issue Again !!!!!

The joy,s of eBay again. Perhaps I am just unlucky but I have yet another eBay issue. My wife asked me to list a crafting tool (Making Memories Slice die-cutting machine) that she had only used twice, also with it came lots of extra,s. Sold for £50 + postage so job done WELL. 

Get a message from the buyer that it does not work correctly.
Which is strange because just to double check we tested it before putting it up for sale. After sending the buyer several messages offering advice on what could be wrong (set up procedures) the buyer insisted that is was not working correctly. So I offered a full re-fund if the buyer returned the machine. Despite this the buyer has now decided to enter a dispute. "This refers to anytime a buyer requests a return or opens a PayPal Purchase Protection case because the item doesn't match the description"
I have also offered to pay the return postage. 

However the item has not been returned. I suspect the buyer is just trying to get it for nothing. 
Well Noway hosay not from me anyway.
:pulling-hair-out: 

The buyer has to return the Item and supply proof of postage to Ebay in order to proceed with the claim. Check the feedback they have left for others and feed back they have received, it can give you clues to what type of person you are dealing with, if they fail to return the item to you the worst they can do is leave negative feedback.

They have to follow correct procedure in order to receive a refund, Its also worth noting before you send Items any serial numbers and take photos, of the item and package in case they try and substitute a broken faulty item for the item you sent.

How ebay deal with these cases is quite often disappointing and leaves the whole sight open to various scams and dishonest users. set your buyer requirement settings to the toughest possible.

Good luck

• Like 1

Ok now only send items next delivery Royal Mail & to be signed for. Me thinking I would have any issues but!!! I am getting the pox with eBay

That doesn't work either. They just claim it wasn't them that signed for it. Unless postie takes a pic of them doing so .......

Hard luck on another bad experience. I've had two buyers over the years tell me that purchases from me weren't working. The first was a Seiko kinetic chronograph - and the buyer told me quite correctly that the chrono buttons weren't working properly. I actually didn't care for the watch at all, so - just to be shut of it - I said he could keep it. He replied that he would probably sell it on at some stage if he couldn't be bothered to mend it. So that was that - or so I thought. After a couple of months, I got an eBay message from him saying that he'd sold it - and had paid the money into my PayPal account! How good was that?

The second occasion was when I sold a Tanglewood acoustic/electric bass guitar, with hard case, for £120. I got a message saying that, in spite of changing the battery it was making a fuzzy sound. I refunded the money immediately and got the bass back very quickly - all very amicable. I tested the bass out on a friend's bass amp and it sounded OK - so I took it to a local music shop and traded in in PX for a small PA system. I got £180 in PX for it!

Other than that and some odd little bits here and there (mainly delivery/payment issues) which were easily sorted, my eBay experiences have been good, on the whole.

had my first this week since 2004 sold a new chrono i got in a batch of cat returns but only the time worked no other functions and i advertised it as such only for the buyer to complain that i had said it was unmarked but the crystal was scratched, when i got it back low and behold it was, me being a sceptic i think he thought it was going to be a quick fix but wasn't so unloaded it this way

I have followed the ebayer returns policy where the buyer has now been sent a label wit the address to send the item back to. The buyer has ow  been given until 15th June for the return & I will be billed £2 odd for this.  Watch this space.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to reinforce what I said about good ebayers by recommending an Italian seller who lists on ebay. His seller name is combattiamolacrisi, which translates as 'We fight the crisis'. His real name is Gianni Nardi.

I bought a lot of three NOS EB 8800 movements at a very reasonable price, even after postage, and they arrived today, six days from the date of purchase. They were well protected in foam and inside a sturdy plastic box. When I opened the box I found not only the three movements but three of the little envelopes that Ronda watch parts are sold in. One contained a winding stem for a Valjoux 90, one contained a balance pivot for a Universal 255U and the third contained an assortment of TEN crowns, one complete with stem and o-ring and all brand new.

Whether I'll ever have need of any of these parts is a moot point but it's little gestures like this that make ebay more good than bad. Made my day anyway!

Yep there a lot of good eBayers out there but it's the odd one that spoils the fun. My issue has been resolved the machine was returned and it was broken. Damaged in the post and so I gave a full refund and an apology to the buyer.

• 3 weeks later...