So me and my buddy Tim did a part house removal today. A nice old dear in her late 80s  that lost her husband last year bless her and her tan old dear tights. Moving from a bungalow to live in her daughter's annex. While having a cuppa and a choc biccy with her we were chatting and I happened to mention that I was a bit of a watch collector. She said "come with me" I though oh aye I've been here before, a bit too old for me I best let her know I'm married and soften the blow when I turn her down. Anyway she leads me into the main bedroom and I'm thinking I need to get my excuse across pretty quick. #No need# so she opens the top draw of this small cabinet "my husband used to collect watches" she said. Around 20 vintage watches lay set out in a neatly divided draw, nothing outstanding but still quite nice all the same. " my daughter and her husband have no interest in them and neither are at all sentimental, I'd like you to have one as a thank you, please choose one " thank you but i can't sweetheart they're yours to remember your husband by" I replied . " I don't need my husband's things to remember him by I have fond memories I will choose one for you then" she said. 30 seconds of tears later ( mine not hers ) she hands me this. Bless you Brenda you are a lovely sweet old dear. X

20220504_164712.jpg

• Like 1