SW200-1 Date jumper/stem not working right.

1 hour ago, Nucejoe said:

The issue your facing is that the end of the yoke ( previously shown)  which is to enter the groove  (on mainplate) 

Before buying another yoke, do this test: push the yoke end with pegwood so it enters the groove , it should and will then move towards the setting wheel easy by action of winding stem.

Ok, I think I understand what your saying, though “ the groove ( on mainplate)” is somewhat confusing. I suspect you mean the “ notch in the connector lever”.  

The notch thats cut on the mainplate is for the corrector to travel  left-right on, A hollow space underneath the notch  is what I am calling the groove, yoke end is to pass through this hollow space. 

On 5/5/2022 at 10:20 AM, Kalanag said:

C594FB58-6470-4BD2-B1CD-D4B60DB57C86.jpeg

Because of the bend,  this end hits the setting wheel  so can not reach its final destination.

Find the groove underneath the notch, which the end of the yoke is to pass through first. 

50 minutes ago, Nucejoe said:

The notch thats cut on the mainplate is for the corrector to travel  left-right on, A hollow space underneath the notch  is what I am calling the groove, yoke end is to pass through this hollow space. 

Because of the bend,  this end hits the setting wheel  so can not reach its final destination.

Find the groove underneath the notch, which the end of the yoke is to pass through first. 

Funny a non native English speaker I am , trying to expalin what kalanag has said.  A vid showing what I'm trying to say would have been nice.

Well, I am very, very pleased to report that I have fixed the problem!

The yoke was indeed bent, (Right where you said it was Kalanag) and I was able to bend it back into the correct position and now the date corrector works perfectly ! (and all other positions now work smoothly too). 

I must say that I am flabbergasted at how week the metal is, it is SO easy to bend this part.

I now know that I bent the yoke while trying to insert the stem with it misaligned to the square hole in the crown wheel. This is a VERY fragile part and it is an understatement that one must be extremely gentle when inserting the stem.

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH for your help with this. I have learned SO many valuable lessons here.

And what a GREAT feeling to have fixed it myself!

Thank you again!

Bill

Yoake in place_li.jpg

Date corrector Good.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

This is a culprit with the yoke in ETA keyless. it bends, usually in the event of an impact ( shock) to winding crown.   A bit of filing and polishing the very end of the yoke plus some grease would do good, as said its thin so not much material is there to file and polish. 

Regds

• Thanks 1

HI, I thought I'd post a photo of my finished watch, since you all helped me fix it, you at least should see the finished product. (Sapphire crystal and display back, SST case). I'm very pleased.

I put it on the time grapher and it's @ -7sec day, 221 deg Amp, and 0.4 ms beat error  right now. I'll run it for a few days and check it again.  

Thanks again everyone, I truly appreciate all your help!

Bill

SW200-1 done.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Congrats Bill,  

Nice looking watch, not too heavy, not too light, providing regular service the movement runs for a life time, 2824s did anyway. 

I have a few watches with similar problem to fix, some earlier  eta calibers come with similar yoke and culprit.

Many parts interchange with 2836 and are getting hard to find.

Regds