My workshop

Hi just setting up my new location from office to my conservatory I have yet to make a tall table to work from.

You will see around the photo's that I had converted it to a Art studio about three years ago for air brushing but I couldn't control the air brush very well I even had lessons but gave up. 

So apart from my microscope what else is needed to complete the work shop for now. I do have a ultrasonic cleaner and I am using a 3D resin washer as a IPA last rinse  cleaner it works quite well but they are in the garage.

20220429_111650.thumb.jpg.b0711203a63a778edeb77c01ff0f7c91.jpg

Lighting is all daylight bulbs and led panels above (two) 

any advice on improvements are very welcome 

20220429_111645.thumb.jpg.680d9654e86011124228ecadbebcfd91.jpg

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Tiny said:

Hi just setting up my new location from office to my conservatory I have yet to make a tall table to work from.

You will see around the photo's that I had converted it to a Art studio about three years ago for air brushing but I couldn't control the air brush very well I even had lessons but gave up. 

So apart from my microscope what else is needed to complete the work shop for now. I do have a ultrasonic cleaner and I am using a 3D resin washer as a IPA last rinse  cleaner it works quite well but they are in the garage.

20220429_111650.thumb.jpg.b0711203a63a778edeb77c01ff0f7c91.jpg

Lighting is all daylight bulbs and led panels above (two) 

any advice on improvements are very welcome 

20220429_111645.thumb.jpg.680d9654e86011124228ecadbebcfd91.jpg

Bloody brilliant mate. I love it x

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, spectre6000 said:

You may find the right microscope makes a taller work surface unnecessary. You're definitely leagues ahead of most of us amateurs! 

in fact, impossible IMHO. I have four classic watch benches. A stereo scope does not work for me on these. my fifth is an electronics work bench. My stereo scope sits there

• Like 1

I meant the scope gets your working head height at a comfortable position relative to a normal bench height, rather than needing to bring the work surface up high enough to not cause neck injury. 

I went the opposite direction in my shop by cutting the legs off an already short stool to bring my head down to bench height rather than the other way around. It's not as comfortable for my legs, but was an inexpensive trial of the work height adjustment, and my toddler will get plenty of use out of it if I don't. Since I got my scope, I haven't used the stool for anything more than a foot rest.

• Like 3