Advice Please

Need so advice on where I may find case and dial for this movement please?

Was a cheap eBay win and I reckon Asian in make but that's about all I can guess at,I know case will need push button top right but just wondering if anyone has anymore insight

Thanks

post-1079-0-52013000-1432481587_thumb.jp

I think you may well have a lot if difficulty finding a aces and dial to match that movement. You may well end up using it to hone your repair skills on.

I do hope you find what you are after.

That looks very much like a movement I pulled out of a Chinese made Breitling knock off I took apart some time back. It was one of the first watches I took apart and messed with. I remember it had an identical balance bridge. Not sure if that helps you though. :(

Dear Friend,

This can be a problem, however in your case I'd suspect you've got a reasonable problem. If you take measurements on such a movement it may give away an ETA or other common movement of which it closely approximates or matches excactly. If you made me guess I'd bet it matches the dimensions of a Valjoux 7750 family; if so you're in great shape.

Once you've done that I'd take a look at the following two places:

Very nice Ebay seller with Swiss sourced parts including cases with pushbuttons: http://www.ebay.com/usr/b_line55cc

Frei, especially helpful if you call them and speak with the parts people: http://www.ofrei.com/page460.html

As for the dial, looking at where i'd guess the dial feet should sit it might not be hard to find a sterile dial that fits. Strip it in acetone and mill (or even drill...) a date window and a large semicircular cutout for the pretty portion at the bottom.  A little paint, a pad print and you might have a real beauty of a watch that's all yours. Even if you can't print there is a lot to be said for a clean dial on such a watch, especially given the horizontal symmetry between the date and movement portions.

As for hands, I'll betcha a beer they're 150/90/20. If that's the case pick whatever you like. If not take measurements and see if anything here:http://www.ofrei.com/page483.html looks good to you.

I wish you all the best, let me know how it turns out.

Welcome to the forum Mute, and thank you for a very helpful and informative first post.

It would be good to hear what your own background and interests in horology are. I look forward to more from you in the future. :)

Welcome to the forum Mute, and thank you for a very helpful and informative first post.

It would be good to hear what your own background and interests in horology are. I look forward to more from you in the future. :)

Dear Geo,

Thank you for your kind words. It is impressive how helpful and just plain nice everyone here is.

Horologically I am a true amateur. I work on my own watches and occasionally put together a unique watch as a gift or thank-you. I owe any knowledge I have to this forum and Youtube videos. I do have some experience with precision small parts manufacturing/prototyping from prior ventures and I hope that can be useful to share with the users of this forum.

Again, thank you all for sharing your craft. It is truly appreciated.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...