The forum

Hello and good morning,  Just to say I find the new background a lot easier and not so hard on the eyes. brilliant. And as regards the moving question which Mark quite rightly nipped in the bud, I think Old Hippys suggestion  is probaby the right one. One cannot please every one but as said a compromise has to be found and informing the member his post was moved and why is a good compromise.  I am sure that we all have faith in our Administrator and moderaters to find the solution and continue to provide a brilliant forum which is open minded and informative.     Thank you Gentlemen your work is appreciated.

• Like 5

Hate to disagree. Maybe I'll become immune to the new scheme but I'd at least like the option to view things the way they were (or set up my own scheme). The problem with custom schemes is that once you customize it and you have a question, it's impossible for anyone to say: press the gold button on the lower right.

I wasn't aware that there was the ability to change the THEME from light to dark. The toggle is in the middle of the b0ttom of the page. Mine was changed to DARK over night. By changing it back to LIGHT things look normal again.

I suppose that as a grumpy old man I hate change but hopefully eveyone will know about the ability to change themes!

First thing when I wake up is to go to the NYT Wordle site (black and white) and then I turn down the illumination on my ipad (my eyes can't take it that early in the morning).  Then I go to this forum...I think my eyes will be happy.  Can somebody talk to NYT?  Maybe change their color scheme.

6 hours ago, grsnovi said:

Hate to disagree. Maybe I'll become immune to the new scheme but I'd at least like the option to view things the way they were (or set up my own scheme). The problem with custom schemes is that once you customize it and you have a question, it's impossible for anyone to say: press the gold button on the lower right.

I wasn't aware that there was the ability to change the THEME from light to dark. The toggle is in the middle of the b0ttom of the page. Mine was changed to DARK over night. By changing it back to LIGHT things look normal again.

I suppose that as a grumpy old man I hate change but hopefully eveyone will know about the ability to change themes!

I have to agree with @grsnovi. I prefer it the old way. 😆

• Like 1

On 4/25/2022 at 9:31 AM, watchweasol said:

Hello and good morning,  Just to say I find the new background a lot easier and not so hard on the eyes. brilliant. And as regards the moving question which Mark quite rightly nipped in the bud, I think Old Hippys suggestion  is probaby the right one. One cannot please every one but as said a compromise has to be found and informing the member his post was moved and why is a good compromise.  I am sure that we all have faith in our Administrator and moderaters to find the solution and continue to provide a brilliant forum which is open minded and informative.     Thank you Gentlemen your work is appreciated.

Let me see if watchweasol is an anagram  of wise old owl.  I am now expecting  a private message saying  "less of the old" 😉

9 hours ago, eezy said:

it literally brings on a headache quite rapidly.

The good news is that you can change it back. You just have to go to the bottom of the page (below the YouTube, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter buttons) and select: THEME and change it back to LIGHT MODE. Apparently during a forum update a change was made and we all ended up seeing DARK MODE.

All is well.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, grsnovi said:

The good news is that you can change it back. You just have to go to the bottom of the page (below the YouTube, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter buttons) and select: THEME and change it back to LIGHT MODE. Apparently during a forum update a change was made and we all ended up seeing DARK MODE.

All is well.

That's great! Thanks for pointing that out. I've changed back and all is well 🧐

• Like 1