Newly Joined All

dear all , 

Good day to all , I just joined yesterday to your post , a french chef expat living for the past 25 years in Indonesia . As far as I can remember I was always fascinated by watches or time pieces as some people like to call it . As probably many of you the souvenir of my first watch when I was 12 still feel like a dear memory . Unfortunately I am not very knowledgeable when it comes to mechanics and details . For many years I had numerous watches not really worth mentioning  here , however lately I sold 9 of my collection to acquire a beautiful  Parmigiani Fleurier XL Hebdomadaire , black dial ,steel case . 

anyhow I am looking forward as much as my work will allows me.

cheers 

Hello Patcook and welcome,

Like George says stacks of people will try to help if you have a go and get stuck. Why not post a pic of your watch(es) on the watch collection forum to start off. If you want to tinker get an old simple working watch off the bay ( no date or day, just hour minute and seconds hand and not small and a movement with some screws visible to take it apart) get some tools and some cheap watch oil, then take your time to take it apart ( take pics at every stage ). You can work on it when you want and the pics will give you reference points. You can also seek out Marks videos on the tube. If you take to it you can buy more expensive stuff instead of the cheap Indian and Chinese gear.

Either way you will enjoy the forum,

Cheers,

Vic

dear Geo and Vich , 

thanks for the welcome and the advises , actually this is exactly what I had in mind , to dismantle and old watch as a first challenge . I am a manual worker after all , used to delicate positioning ( on a plate generally , much easier I figured ) . I also will take a pics of my piece and post it as soon as possible . 

cheers