New attendance and greetings.

Hi! 

I am Futuristdede from Berin and 33 years old. I am new here and also new in watches. someone gifted me a longiness watch which made me fall in love with mechanic watches. since then i have been doing my research and thinking about getting a new one (seiko srpe51k1) but also buying some old ones just to repair them. Since i am pretty new, i thought it would be wiser to be with the people who have experience in watch repairing. This is why i wanted to join this great club. Hereby, i am greeting everyone of you and wish you a great week!

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the introduction and welcome to WRT @futuristdede ! 

I'm also pretty new to all of this. At 68 and following a stroke that clobbered my left eye a year ago, I was also worried that my eyesight wouldn't be good enough. It seems that it's fine - as others here have pointed out, you're usually looking through a loupe one-eyed anyway.

I'm stalled partially through my first watch movement restore due to waiting on oils and tools (all of which should be on their way).

We're getting snow here this morning - crazy!!

• 1 month later...