Inexpensive Simple Timex Vintage Mechanical Movement Assembly

Ok it's an older timex the watch kept stoping and I was under the impression the spring was broken, I had 2 or three other similar movements to replace the part. Ok dissacembly no problem I take the spring out and it's a slip fit. Seems spring is fine, really. Ok this is a learning experience. Is see the parts are microscopic. So I take photos like have been mentioned here before, my problem is after five or six try's I get the wheels aligned and put the plate on top, much to my dismay the screws that hold the plates are on the under side

image.jpg

Is there a video of this type of timex with a reassembly, I feel is I follow an assembly after I see it one time, I can userly get the job done

image_2.jpg

Simple movement I think not, no jewels but worked for a long time (takes a licking and keeps on ticking)

image_4.jpg

If anyone knows of a trick to flip an assembled movement I'd be much interested

image_3.jpg

Hello Ken,

The Timex mechanical was a very clever answer to making a cheap,  reliable,  everyday watch for the masses.  I don't think it was ever designed to be serviced like a Swiss watch as it was cheap enough to throw away.  Probably the safest and easiest way to clean one is to remove the hands and dial and run the movement  through a cleaning machine or leave soaking in lighter fluid and agitate now and again.  When clean and dry re-oil where needed,  adjust end shake on the balance and it should be up and running.

• Like 4